Thursday, February 10, 2011

Comfort Food

Sometimes I cook when I am having a bad day and sometimes I don't like to cook at all when I am having a bad day. I had a little bit of a disappointment today and it is one of those days I just started cooking and keep adding in things to the meal. So, I brought my lap top into the kitchen and I am cooking away my frustrations and going to enjoy a good meal. I'm sure my honey will enjoy it to after a long day at work.  I'm making fried chicken wings, loaded mash potatoes with bacon and cheddar cheese, gravy for my daughter who will only eat her mash potatoes plain, mixed greens, and biscuits. Yes, I am going to smother those wings in sauce.
Lately, I have been doing really good eating salads with my dinner every day and I try to eat the salad first. So, I am eating more of what is good for me instead of what's bad for me. There are those times when I am one of those people who sinks into the sofa and enjoy those comfort foods once and a while to sooth the blues. Then I feel really guilty and run to the gym the next morning for an extra hard work out to work off what I ate. Occasionally, I fall off the wagon and today is one of those days. So, I am going to enjoy my dinner, make me a cup of hot tea after dinner, then I am going to sit down on the couch and watch a movie with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Reviews