Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Little Boys

What is it with little boys now a days? When I was growing up boys didn't pick on girls or they were called sissies.  My son and his friends thinks it's funny to pick on his little sister whenever his friends are around. They are driving me nuts. Regardless of how many times he has gotten in trouble for it, him and his friends still gang up on her. They are 11 years old, not 5 or 6 years old, 11 years old. Yesterday, they thought it would be funny to repeatedly poke her and tell her they were going to beat her with num chucks. He gets in trouble for it every time they do it. How am I going to get it through his head that him and his friends are not allowed to pick on her and bully her? I have tried teaching him boys who pick on girls are sissies, but he just doesn't seem to get it. I hate not allowing him to play with certain kids, but it just seems like he doesn't know how to use his own head and think for himself when he is around certain friends. You would think getting in trouble for joining in on some of the things his friends do, he would get tired of getting in trouble for his friends and tell them not to do it. How do I get him to stick up for his sister and not join in on the shenanigans? I am to the point where I am about ready to go knocking on doors and telling their parents about how their son doesn't seem to know how to behave when they go to someones house.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother used to push me off snow banks, give me wedgies and hang me from bars, put me on the stove and pretend to turn it on etc, etc, etc. However the one thing he would not allow was for other kids to pick on me, not only did he see that as his job, it was disrespectful toward him!

    I would explain to your boy that these kids have no respect for his family and therefore don't respect him either! And if these bad kids couldn't control themselves, I would ban them from the house. Maybe then he will think about who he is hanging out with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have already banned one boy from the house because of something he did while using the computer if you get what I mean. This little boy is the next one to get banned if he keeps it up. He is just too hyper.

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Reviews