Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Doctors.....

My son had a doctors appointment this morning at 10:00 am for his vaccinations. Now, I had called to make an appointment for him at 9:15 and they told me to bring him in at 10:00. So, I rush around to get everyone out the door and have him there by 10 am.  Walk in the door and they say they can't see him until 1:00 now because the doctor had an emergency and her replacement won't be there until 1:00.  What kind of bullshit is that?  No phone call or nothing to tell me they changed his appointment and the doctors office is at least a 15 minute drive from my home.  I have been taking my children to this doctor for the past 11 years, they have my cell phone number.  Let a patient do a no show, no call and they would probably be trying to charge you. Most doctors offices require a 24 hour call in notice when cancelling an appointment or they will bill you for the office call. But, for some reason they aren't required to call you when your appointment has been changed at the last minute.  It would have been nice if she actually picked up the phone and called me to tell me the appointment was changed.  Maybe I hadn't left yet or even if I was driving I could have turned around before getting there, finding parking and dragging the kids inside only to find out his appointment was changed.  This only confirms my belief. Too many doctors think they are God and think they don't have to show common courtesy to their patients.  It's not the first time this doctor has pulled this.  There are other doctors in the office.  They should make sure they have another doctor on call to come in and replace the doctor who got called out on an emergency or at the very least pick up the phone and call you.  Because this happens way too much. The same thing happened over the winter when my son was sick.  They said she would be in, I drive him there when he was sick only to find out she got called on an emergency and I had to take him somewhere else. I really need to find another pediatrician.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Reviews