Friday, June 8, 2012

Human's Best Friend Saves Infant

The deserted infant. Photo via Ghana News Agency.


As I am sitting here with the lap top and my sweet pooch sleeping at my feet. I came across this sweet story I wanted to share with you. I am a dog lover and this story really touched my heart. It is the kind of story that tells how loyal our sweet pooches will be and do almost anything to protect us. I only own one dog, who I loyally adore as much as he does loyally adores his family. So, I had to share the story it brought tears to my eyes.

A farm dog in Ghana spent the night protecting a human newborn baby and was found under a bridge Winkongo (which is near Bolgatanga, the Upper East Regional Capital of Ghana), near the farm where he lives , with a live abandoned newborn baby snuggled against is body.


The search party began by looking for the dog, not for the baby. The dog's owner was worried when his dog hadn't returned home that evening. Searches spent tracking the hound, but not until later did they find the pooch curled around a human baby under the bridge by a farm the dog calls home.  

It has been reported by the Ghana News Agency the infant is healthy and well. You got to love those faithful  pooches. After all... they are humans best friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Reviews