Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mommy Overload

Sometimes I think being a stay at home Mom is more stressful than working. The morning starts with trying to get the kids out of bed on time and mediating between the two kids who are at each other's throats every waking moment they cross paths through out the day. My children and dog are driving me up the wall. It has become so difficult to get everyone ready for school and out the door on time to get them to school and the dog has been having more anxiety issues than normal lately. This morning my son refused to get out of bed because I turned the light on. I turned the light on because he wasn't getting up and I told him, if he doesn't get up I am going to turn the light on. The funny thing is they have no clue why we get upset with them when we are repeatedly telling them to get out of bed, then we are rushing them to get ready and then driving fast to get them to school on time so I don't have to go in and sign him in for being late to school. I am half tempted to get a glass of water and dump it on him, because I'm tired of repeated telling him from 6:30 to 7:00 everyday to get out of the bed. He is 12 years old and goes to bed at 9:30, there is no reason why he can not get up in the morning. Even when I put him in bed 8:30 for misbehaving, he still doesn't get up on time.

I have no clue what a pampered dog can have anxiety issues over. He is stressing me out with his anxiety issues. He pulls his hair out and chews himself whenever I leave him. This morning when taking my son to school he pulled his hair out, because I wouldn't take him with me when I left. All week my son has been running late and I didn't have the time to take the dog with me to drop him off. When I came back from dropping him off at school, the dog had a pile of hair around him where he pulled the hair out of his legs for not taking him. He is on anxiety medication because he does this all the time when I leave him or when the kids leave him. I have to keep him in the same room with me all day to watch him. I would hate to do it, but if he doesn't stop soon I am going to have to get rid of him because he is killing us financially running him to the vet every couple of months. This month I couldn't go the doctor myself  to get my medication refilled because I had to take him to the vet for ear infections. He also digs his ears when he gets mad. Then he leaves scratches and they get infected and I end up taking him to the vet every 2 or 3 months for ear infections and his anxiety problems.

Today is one of those days where I just want to go back to bed and give up on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Reviews