Sunday, January 29, 2012

13 Month Old Found Chewing On A Snake

Thirteen-month-old Imad Aleeyan, who has six teeth, was found by his mother chewing on a snake. 

The toddlers mother said, "I was making his milk and I looked over and saw he had a snake in his mouth," said his mother, Ghadir Aleeyan who lives in the Arab Israeli town of Shefa'Amr, 9 miles east of the port city of Haifa.
"I started to scream. I couldn't believe my eyes," she told AFP. "I nearly died of fright."
A neighbor who had rushed to see what all the screaming was about, pulled the half dead snake from the toddlers mouth and the family rushed him to the hospital. The doctor said, "Doctors at the hospital told us the snake was really poisonous but that we were very lucky because they release less venom in the winter."
"It probably didn't bite the child because of the cold," said Dr Shacham who is the head of the herpetology collection at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
"They are not really active in winter."


  1. Wow, that would be really scary. I hope they returned and put the poor snake out of his misery, though.

    1. I am sure they did. I think I would have a heart attack. That's one of the things that scares me about living somewhere there is a lot of snakes. Little kids and animals don't have a fear of things the should be afraid of.


Amazon Reviews