Friday, July 8, 2011
Funny Phrases Our Parents Used To Say
Do you ever find yourself saying the same things to your kids that your mother said to you as a kid? When they said them to you, you just looked at them dumbfounded thinking about what they just said, thinking "What does that mean?" Then all of a sudden when you grow up and have children, a light bulb comes on and it all begins to make sense. Now, you find the same phrases popping out of your mouth. Maybe not all of them, you're still trying to figure out what some of them mean.
1. Your getting too big for your britches.
2. Your daddy isn't a glass maker.
3. Tables were made for glasses not for asses.
4. What do think? I'm the First National Bank?
5. You kids can drive an iron man crazy?
6. If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?
7. Your eyes are bigger than your stomach.
8. I hope your kids grow up to be just like you.
9. You see these grey hairs, everyone of you kids have your name on them.
10. You'll be sorry when I'm dead.
11. You kids are putting me in the mad house.
12. Because, I said so.
13. Do as I say, not as I do.
14. Life isn't always fair.
15. It takes two to tango.
16. Don't count your chickens until they've hatched.
17. You made your bed now lie in it.
18. You have two legs, get it yourself.
19. That's what God gave you legs for, now use them.
20. If you had brains you'd be dangerous.
21. Don't make me come over there.
22. If I get up, you'll be sorry.
23. Do you want me to stop this car?
24. I brought you into this world and I can take you out.
25. If you've seen one, you've seen them all.
26. You kids are driving me up the wall.
27. Get a job, then you can buy what you want.
28. One day your going to eat those words.
29. You'll be sorry when your dad gets home.
30. I'm watching you.
31. I have eyes in the back of my head.
32. You see this? This is the world's smallest violin.
33. Eat your dinner, because there are children starving in Africa.
34. What? Were you born in a barn?
35. Your the milk man's baby.
36. Your crusin for a bruisin.
37. What do you think? Money grows on trees?
38. I have a bone to pick with you.
39. Never let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash.
40. I wish they made a remote for children that had a mute button.
41. Your ass sucks buttermilk too?
42. Ha, I caught you red handed.
43. Your going to put me in my grave before you grow up.
44. You must have been switched at birth, because you can't be my kid.
45. Your gonna shit and fall back in it.
46. Do you want to live to be 18?
And the list goes on.