Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Economic Situation & Jobs

I am enjoying being a stay at home Mom to a certain point. I have had the opportunity to do things with my children over summer vacation that I normally haven't been able to do with them when I was working.  But, I did my time and I would love to enter the work force again but jobs are so scarce here in Michigan.  I would leave here in a heartbeat if my husband could transfer to another state without taking a pay cut.  What has this economy come to?  Not too many years ago you could apply for a job and find a decent job within a few weeks. Now it literally takes months, no matter how much education you have.  Jobs that used to pay around $50,000 year are now starting people off at $9.00 or $10.00 an hour. The competition for those lousy paying jobs are fierce. When I was reading online last week about the current economic situation, some employers are reporting they are receiving over a 1,000 online resumes for one job posting.  It seems that the men are having an easier time finding jobs.  There are more manual labor jobs than there is jobs woman typically perform. Employers are taking advantage of the millions of people being out of work and offering less money because they know there are a lot of people who are desperate for jobs and will take it.  What they fail to realize that the economy isn't going to improve much if people have less money to spend to boost the economy. If people make less than they spend less. Economics 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Reviews